July 1, 2018
Cheap Decorating ideas for Living room
Living rooms are the rooms where you spend most of your time, so you would want your living room to be comfortable and inviting. Your living room or den is a place where you unwind and spend time with your family and friends. So, it has to reflect your personality and style. Your living room might be big or small, but with the right living room decorating ideas for apartments, it is possible to transform this room, and make it a welcome abode for you to relax. If you are on a budget, do not be disheartened. Here are a few cheap decorating ideas for living room. Living Room Decorating Ideas on a Budget If you want to create a stylish space, you do not need to break the bank. There are many cheap decorating ideas for a living room.
- You can add an accent wall in your living room. Paint one of the walls of the room, in a dark color which complements the rest of the walls. For example, you can paint one of the walls in turquoise blue when the rest of the walls are beige or off white. Alternatively, you can also paint the ceiling of the living room in a bright color. Painting only one wall differently is a great way to instantly perk up a room. Read more on painting ideas for living room.
- So your budget does not stretch to buying a new couch or reupholstering your sofa. You can very easily give a makeover to your old sofa by decorating it with some new cushions. Try mixing cushions in different shapes and a variety of colors and textures. If you have a light colored couch you can team up cushions in orange and jade, to brighten up your room. Read more on living roomdecorating ideas on a budget.
- Another great way to add some style to your living room is to use attractive and unusual light shades. They can be placed in a corner, or on a coffee table. You can scour your local flea market to get great deals on antique light stands and shades. In this way, one corner of your living room can be converted to a reading nook.
- Nothing makes a room look more inviting than decorating it with fresh flowers. You can use an elegant vase to hold beautiful flowers like a single stem of a white lily or an orchid. You can alsodecorate the center table by using a single bloom in a collection of transparent bottles. You may also like to read on how to decorate a living room.
Remember, that to create an elegant and harmonious space, you need not fill up every nook and corner of your living room. Less is more. If you cram your living room with too many knick knacks, your living room will end up looking like a museum.
Living room Decorating Ideas for Small Spaces If you have a small living room, there are many tricks to make it appear bigger and more spacious.
- Install a mirror on the wall to make even the smallest of living rooms appear larger. A decorative mirror will reflect light and make the room look brighter and bigger. You can also mount a mirror opposite to a window so as to reflect light.
- One of the best bedroom decorating ideas for apartments which are not very large, is to hang ceiling mounted curtains. Use light weight curtains for your living room windows. Avoid using very heavy fabrics as it will make the living room appear smaller and constrained. Read more on drapery ideas for living room.
- Different types of lighting can change the look and feel of a room. Overhead lighting makes a room look very clinical. To create warmth in a room, use table lamps or install dimmers to give your living room a cozy ambiance.